Friday, December 23, 2011

We Did It!

Last night I went to David's Bridal (a place I never intended to step foot in again) with Katy, Lynda and my mom. After hours of searching we finally found a wedding dress. I'm not a big shopping person and I loathe trying on clothes so, while I wish I could sound more excited about it, I'm still worn out from the process. The dress is gorgeous and is really flattering to my figure. When I showed Dad the pictures of me in the dress he thought that it was on a mannequin!

Lance and I drove down from Asheville to Raleigh to spend the holidays with my family. Katy wanted to go wedding dress shopping with me since she missed the first trip. She was really great. Katy schedule the appointment, confirmed the appointment and forced me to go (I did mention that I hate shopping, right?). My bridal consultant was a ton of fun and we had a lot of great laughs through the dozens of dresses we tried on. She really helped me keep going when I was totally ready to call it quits.

Dress after dress after dress.... after a while all I could see was white and my brain was a little fuzzy. When I tried on THE dress, for the first time in my life, I truly felt like a bride. I could see myself wearing that dress, getting married in that dress and enjoying the reception in that dress. While there weren't any sparks and I didn't glow or cry, the reality of knowing that I am a bride and this is THE dress really threw me for a loop. I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone else but that's okay too. Even Dad thought the dress was really pretty and it's not his usual style at all.

Ultimately, we found a dress and had a good time doing it. So yay for another thing checked off the list!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm really happy for you. Sorry I wasn't there with you, but I'm glad that Katy was. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was most fun! The dress truly is awesome and looks marvelous on you!
    Love, Lynda

    ReplyDelete